Installation of SQLNS on Virtual PC

Subject: Installation of SQLNS on Virtual PC
From: "Henrik Jaeger" <henrik.jaeger(at)>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:42:27 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi all,

has anyone had experience installing SQL Notification Services SP1 on a
Virtual PC?

The VPC is set up with WinXP SP2, SQL Server 2000 SP4 (Developer Edition),
SQLXML 3.0 SP1 and Visual Studio 2003 (Enterprise Edition).

When I try installing SQLNS I get an error message saying: "The Engine
Components and Client Components features require Microsoft .Net Framework.
install the Microsoft .Net Framework and run setup again to install these
features". My problem is that the .Net Framework IS installed on the VPC -
and I have tried both with and without SP1 for the .Net Framework.

Has anyone had this problem, and more importantly does anyone know how to
solve it?

Kind regards,

H. Jaeger