Re: Devices Question

Subject: Re: Devices Question
From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 06:14:05 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Andy -

You alluded to this in your posting, but I think it's worth
mentioning. Each NotificationClass can have multiple delivery
protocols defined, but only one ContentFormatter.

In your case, a single NotificationClass can be used for multiple
device types and can use 3 or more different XSLT files to format the
notifications based on the different device types. But all must use
the XsltFormatter Content Formatter.

A single NotificationClass cannot use, for example, an XSLT transform
to format notifications for email and a custom content formatter to
format notifications for SMS.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb