NotificationsDeliveryNotAttempted?

Subject: NotificationsDeliveryNotAttempted?
From: Scott
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:15:11 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi, I've got an NS app about ready to go to beta test, and we are working
through some final issues...

This app fires off once a day, and has a total delivery count of around
14,000.  We noticed that out of Approx 14,000 notifications, only around
8,000 are getting delivered each day, and that number fluctuates up or down
by several thousand each day.

Running the NSDiagnosticNotificationClass proc for a sample day gives:
NotificationsGenerated = 14096
NotificationDeliveryAttempts = 8871
NotificationSuccessfulDeliveries = 8871
NotificationsDeliveryNotAttempted = 5225
NotificationsNotYetDelivered = 5225

Can you help us understand what could cause the "DeliveryNotAttempted"
situation?  We can't find any errors right now and we're kind of stumped.

Scott