Restarting NS$AppName service?

Subject: Restarting NS$AppName service?
From: Scott
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:47:02 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi, and thanks for your followup to my "NotificationsDeliveryNotAttempted"
post the other day.

If the NS$[AppName] service was stopped for a time and then restarted, will
it pickup any events that were submitted during the down time?  And if so,
is there some kind of a timeout setting where events would be too old to be
picked up and would be ignored?  I didn't see anything in the docs on this
topic.  Right now this is more of a curiosity question, but in the future
the way that NS handles service restarts does have some real implications.

Thanks,
Scott