Re: Generator ThreadPoolSize not having any parallel effect

Subject: Re: Generator ThreadPoolSize not having any parallel effect
From: "ian"
Date: 3 Jun 2005 01:20:41 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Thanks again Colin. All our rules are event driven, so the scheduled
rule incompatibily should be irrelevant. Is there any other possible
rule incompatibility?

We do have sub-quantum ordering enabled, so I understand that we get
one rule firing per event batch. However, I would have expected some of
these rule firings to overlap when successive batches are associated
with different ruleid's. We did try disabling this, and it didn't
appear to make a difference.

Three of our rules are defined within the same subscription class:
would that stop them being fired in parallel? I tried moving one to a
different class, and it made no difference,
e.g:

<SubscriptionClass>
   <EventRules>
        <EventRule>
<RuleName>CrnOtherEventRule</RuleName>
             <Action> EXEC
[CJSESubscriptionInstanceCJSESubscription].[dbo].[sp_CrnOtherEventRule]

             </Action>

<EventClassName>CrnOtherEvent</EventClassName>
        </EventRule>
        <EventRule>
<RuleName>CaseFileOtherEventRule</RuleName>
        <Action>        EXEC
[CJSESubscriptionInstanceCJSESubscription].[dbo].[sp_CaseFileOtherEventRule]

        </Action>
                <EventClassName>CaseFileOtherEvent</EventClassName>
         </EventRule>
         <EventRule>
             <RuleName>DefendantOtherEventRule</RuleName>
             <Action>
                    EXEC
[CJSESubscriptionInstanceCJSESubscription].[dbo].sp_DefendantOtherEventRule]

              </Action>
              <EventClassName>DefendantOtherEvent</EventClassName>
         </EventRule>
  </EventRules>
</SubscriptionClass>

Also, is it ok to alter the ThreadPoolSize directly on the database
rather than doing an NSControl update each time I change it? We did
some database differences before and after nscontrol update, and
couldn't see any other differences.

Thanks for your patience,
Ian.