Re: No information is displayed in File Channel

Subject: Re: No information is displayed in File Channel
From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:09:30 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Yogesh-

So, do I understand your post correctly? A file is created in the
appropriate folder, but it doesn't contain any notification
information?

If that's the case, I'd start by looking at your notification class in
your ADF file. It should look something like this (taken from the
Stocks sample):

<Protocols>
        <Protocol>
                <ProtocolName>File</ProtocolName>
                <Fields>
                        <Field>
                                <FieldName>StockSymbol</FieldName>

<FieldReference>StockSymbol</FieldReference>
                        </Field>
                        <Field>
                                <FieldName>StockPrice</FieldName>

<FieldReference>StockPrice</FieldReference>
                        </Field>
                </Fields>
        </Protocol>
</Protocols>

And you'll need to declare the channel in the ICF, like so (again
taken from the Stocks sample app):

<DeliveryChannel>
        <DeliveryChannelName>FileChannel</DeliveryChannelName>
        <ProtocolName>File</ProtocolName>
        <Arguments>
                <Argument>
                        <Name>FileName</Name>

<Value>%BaseDirectoryPath%\Test\Notifications\FileNotifications.txt</Value>
                </Argument>
        </Arguments>
</DeliveryChannel>

If I've misunderstood your posting and the file is not being created,
then make sure your have a subscription that matches the event. Also
make sure the permissions are set appropriately on the folder in which
the notification file is to be created.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb