Re: Generator ThreadPoolSize not having any parallel effect

Subject: Re: Generator ThreadPoolSize not having any parallel effect
From: "ian"
Date: 3 Jun 2005 01:27:08 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Thanks Colin,

All our rules are event rules, so the scheduled incompatibility should
be irrelevant.

We do have sub-quantum ordering enabled. I understand this will mean
each event batch will have its own row on the NSRuleFirings1 table, but
would have hoped to see some overlap of the times on these when
successive rows are for different rule ids within the same quantum.  We
also tried disabling sub-quantum processing, and this didn't seem to

Three of our rules are defined as part of the same subscription class.
Would that affect parallel processing?  Tried moving one to a
difference class, and it didn't seem to make any difference.

Can we change the ThreadPoolSize value directly on the database, rather
than having to nscontrol update changes to it?  We did a
before-and-after database comparison, and couldn't see any differences
other than this.

Thanks for your patience,