Re: NotificationsDeliveryNotAttempted?

Subject: Re: NotificationsDeliveryNotAttempted?
From: Scott
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:46:22 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:37:45 -0600, Scott wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:15:11 -0600, Scott wrote:
>

>> Can you help us understand what could cause the "DeliveryNotAttempted"
>> situation?  We can't find any errors right now and we're kind of stumped.
>>
>> Scott
>
> FYI, I think we are leaning towards a problem inside our customer
> formatter.  It looks like the DistributorWorkItems are created and are in a
> retrying state.  So we're continuing to dig here...
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
More info...

Well, at this point it would appear our custom formatter is working fine.
We added very detailed logging and we can see the formatter and the
delivery components both starting and finishing successfully.  It just
seems that for some reason they stop being called before all the
notifications are delivered.  It does retry in a bit and picks up where it
left off, but then stops again.  It seems that it gets about 2000
notifications delivered in each cycle.  It seems that it makes 4 attempts
and then finally stops cycling, thus 4 attempts x 2000 per attempt = approx
8000 successfully delivered.  We are at a loss right now...?

Scott