re:Custom Formatter: Initialize and Close methods

Subject: re:Custom Formatter: Initialize and Close methods
From: sidgam
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 01:00:17 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hey Shyam,

Thanks for the response.  I do have 2 delivery channels and whenever I
do my tests I set them up to send emails via both delivery channels.
I will do some tests using just 1 delivery channel to confirm that
the Initialize/Close methods are only called once for the batch.

I would like to present the scenario I am trying to use SQL-NS for.  I
want to set SQL-NS up to be able to send push emails ad-hoc.  The
recipient community that will receive these push emails is defined
via rules.  The method I have come up with is to create subscriptions
to a rule, provide delivery content (body of email) to that rule,
schedule it for later or immediate delivery.  What I want to be able
to do is to delete the subscriptions when the delivery of the
notifications is complete.  Since the rules are not reused, I would
like to clean up the subscriptions once delivery is complete to
prevent my subscriptions table from getting too large.

What is the best way to truncate the subscriptions table?  Via code or
through a scheduled task in the db.  I dont see a clean way to call
the clean up code in the Custom Formatter or Protocol.  If via a db
scheduled task, do I just need to call SP
NSMain.Dbo.NSDeleteAllSubscriptions?

Please let me know.