Custom Formatter: Initialize and Close methods

Subject: Custom Formatter: Initialize and Close methods
From: sidgam
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 01:02:15 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hello folks,

While debuggin my Custom Formatter I noticed that the Initialize and
Close methods are called for every email (comprised of many
notificaitons) instead just once for a batch of emails.

This means that arguments from the ADF are loaded up every time
instead of just once for a batch.  As I understand it, a batch will
only have emails that use the same protocol, so the arguements needed
would be the same for it, so it should just load it once.

I want to use the Initialize and Close methods to load up and clean
text which is larger than the 4000 char limit for EMN fields.  The
idea is to load up the text once, preserve and use it for the
duration of the batch and then remove it from memory.

Any suggestions on other mechanisms I can use to accomplish this.

Thx.