Re: NotificationBatchId

Subject: Re: NotificationBatchId
From: "SVA"
Date: 28 Jun 2005 00:32:40 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Thank you Shyam and Joe.

Let me explain:

Let's assume there is a subscription linked with an event provider.
The event provider is scheduled to run weekly (or daily).

It means that the Event Provider runs once a week and collects new
event data.
After that, the system sends new alerts to susbscribers.
That is OK and it works fine.

In my application, I would like to:
1. Generate a report with Start/End times when the actual sendout took

2. Gather some statistics linked to these "sendouts" rather than to the
subscription itself.
Examples of such statistics are:
a. "link tracking" feature for emails.
b. bounced emails statistics

For example, the "link tracking" feature could look as follows:

The links similar to the one shown above is generated in my custom
Content Formatter component.
So it means that I need to get access to NotificationBatchId in my
custom Content Formatter.

In case of bounced emails, I need to access NotificationBatchId in my
Custom Delivery Protocol.

(The statistics mentioned above is stored in my application database.)

So this is the reason as to why I'm looking into NotificationBatch Id.