Re: Notificatoin service in a different machine

Subject: Re: Notificatoin service in a different machine
From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:23:26 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Mostafa -

To have a subscription managment application on a remote machine (one
that's different than the SQLNS machine), you need to:

1) Install the SQLNS client components on the remote box. This puts
NSControl, etc on that box.

2) Register the instance on the remote box using NSControl register.

3) Configure the security appropriately - whether it's IIS vs desktop
application, windows vs sql server security, etc.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP