Re: NotificationBatchId

Subject: Re: NotificationBatchId
From: Joe Webb
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:53:37 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi SVA -

I've been playing around with your scenario for a few minutes now;
trying to get to the NotificationBatchId from the custom content
formatter. Here's what I'm thinking.

The formatter has access to all fields in the notification through the
hash table. So I can think of a couple of options:

1) Find a way to get the NotificationBatchId into the hash table
before the content formatter is called. For this scenario I've been
looking into creating a UDF that will get the NotificationBatchId for
the notification.

2) Within the content formatter, open a connection to the SQLNS
application database and look for the NotificationBatchId based on
what you know from the notification fields. Perhaps you'll have to
make a best guess (ie SELECT MAX(NotificationBatchId)) since it's
possible that multiple notifications with the exact same notification
data could exist from different batches. There may be some performance
issue here too.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb