Re: .NET Framework 2.0 question

Subject: Re: .NET Framework 2.0 question
From: "Shyam Pather [MSFT]"
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:32:24 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I understand the frustration with the separation of the forums from the
newsgroups.

In this case, I was simply trying to avoid the situation where different
people respond to the thread in two different places (some responses here,
some in the forum). I responded to the question in the first place I saw it
(the forum) and then when I saw it repeated here, I figured it'd be best to
point people to the existing thread, rather than repeat it.

Please understand that the creation of the forums was an attempt to improve
our efficiency at getting questions answered. The forum has features that
let moderators track what questions haven't been answered, notify the
technical experts that they have questions they need to respond to, and
allow the posters to identify an answer as having solved the problems
they're experiencing. There's also a nice cross-forum search facility. I
understand it's not perfect and that some of the newsreader functionality is
missing. This was actually an attempt to improve user satisfaction with our
ability to provide help and support. Perhaps a failed attempt, but I'll take
the feedback to the forum people and see what results.
--
Learn more about SQL-NS:
news:%23ettU%[email protected]