Re: SubscriberDevice.ID ???

Subject: Re: SubscriberDevice.ID ???
From: tarpan
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:37:28 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
%-)
ID is not intended to be used by applications???
If I use Name as an ID that field I have to use as a Name?

DB basics (extremly simplified):
- Every entity has to has ID and Name.
- ID is a unique key used inside the application for address the enity
- Name is some enity parameter presentable for a user

I can "identify devices by name". But what field I have to present to the
user? Let say user has added device with name "email". Next day the user has
dicided to rename "email" to "E-mail". Apperantly, it is not possible,
because Name field IS the ID and ID can not be changed. What to do?