Re: SubscriberDevice.ID ???

Subject: Re: SubscriberDevice.ID ???
From: "Shyam Pather [MSFT]"
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:40:13 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I posted a reply to this yesterday, but for some reason it hasn't shown up
in the newsgroup. I'll try to restate my reply here:

[SubscriberId, DeviceName] is the unique key for subscriber devices. In the
NS design, there is no seperable "friendly name" built into the subscriber
device records. In general, NS tries to stay away from storing
presentation-level data because every application has different requirements
for this type of data and it is very difficult to design a generic solution.
You can always store "presentation names" yourself in a separate table and
refer to the NS subscriber device records by [SubscriberId, DeviceName].

If you don't want to explicitly store the friendly name yourself, you can
also achieve the same thing by creating a new NS subscriber device with the
new name, copying over the other properties from the old device, and then
deleting the old device.

-shyam

--
Learn more about SQL-NS: