Lots of blocking from SQLNS

Subject: Lots of blocking from SQLNS
Date: 4 May 2005 15:43:45 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi, everyone.  I'm embarassed to admit that I set up a SQLNS app some
time ago, and it's been so long since I worked with it that I'm at a
loss for where to start troubleshooting.

A SQLNS server that I work with is experiencing an inordinately high
volume of blocking.  In particular, the procedure
NSAssignNextWorkItemToDistributor seems to be blocking itself quite a
bit, presumably meaning that it's being launched more frequently than
it completes.

Can some kind soul give me a couple of tips:

- Could this procedure be bogging down due to a poor maintenance scheme
in the NS config?  If so, what should I look for?

- Alternatively, could I have misconfigured it to run too frequrntly?
Again, what should I be looking for?

Thanks much
-Brooks