Re: External DB Call to Notify function failing

Subject: Re: External DB Call to Notify function failing
From: "[WRX]Raven"
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:58:03 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Joe, I am experiencing a similiar problem to Mark.  I had the NS running just
fine and then had to run an update that changed the Event tables and rules,
the XSLT, and a couple of other minor configuration settings.

Now, I get the following error in the SQL logs and event logs:

Error: 60018, Severity: 19, State: 50
Notification Services error 60018

Not very discriptive or helpful.  I traced through all the permissions the
account has, cross db chaining, and everything looked ok.  Some permissions
had been lost when the replacement objects due to the NSCONTROL update, I
replaced those and still nothing.

I traced things to the Notify function and extracting out what it executes I
get the following...which gives me the error I am seeing.

  DECLARE @SPID INT

  SELECT @SPID = @@SPID

  EXEC @XPReturn = master.dbo.xp_NSNotify_2_0_3008_0
      @SPID,      1,      1,      0,      1000,      'General Delivery -
423939',
      'EmailDevice',      'en-us',      528,      '1013470877',      423939,
1.00,      'Test'

select @XPReturn

Results:

Server: Msg 60018, Level 19, State 1, Line 0
Notification Services error 60018

1

(1 row(s) affected)

Anyone have any thoughts?

I have already unregistered, removed everything, re-registered, double
checked the permissions, and dropped and re-created the extended procs.
Totally at a loss.