Customer Formatter, but FormatContent never called

Subject: Customer Formatter, but FormatContent never called
From: Scott
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:22:26 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I've built a simple app using the SongAlert sample from the book as my
reference.  I wrote a fairly simple custom formatter and am trying to debug
it.  Based on my logging and debugging, I can see that the Initialize() and
Close() events on my formatter are getting called, but it never calls
FormatContent() in between.  I can see the Events and Notifications in the
database.  I'm using the File provider, and I get a file output, but it is
empty.  It's like it finds the Notifications it needs to send, but doesn't
even attempt to deliver them.  I've been looking at this problem for about
3 days now, and I'm kind of at a loss...  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Scott