Re: How to create the NS Application?

Subject: Re: How to create the NS Application?
From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:03:21 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Tarpan -

SQLNS can be a bit overwhelming at first glance; there are so many interelated components. But once you get your mind around it, it starts to click and you can appreciate the design.
I think you'll benefit from going through the Stocks walkthrough example
in BOL. It takes you through the process of creating a sample app. There
are some other samples that are installed along with SQLNS. (There are
other sources of info too. Shyam Pather's book is excellent!)
As you begin learning, keep in mind that SQLNS is not like creating a
Reporting Services project in Visual Studio. To create an application,
you create the ADF and instance filess using your favorite XML editor
(notepad, VS.NET, XMLSpy, whatever). The XML files you create "are" the
source for creating an instance and application. NSControl essentially
"compiles" them and creates a couple of databases, a windows service, etc.

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS

Tarpan wrote:
No, serios... How to create the NS Application? I mean: "how to start?". Literally, Which button I have to press to create NEW BLANK NS Application? Even before writing the ADF file etc etc.
PS. :-(((
Microsoft is always Microsoft. It creates overcomplicated products with insufficient documentation and COMPLETELY WITHOUT CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!