Re: How to create the NS Application?

Subject: Re: How to create the NS Application?
From: <>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 05:57:32 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Thank you for the responce, but ........ How to create the
NS Application?

You open any example (Flight, Wheather, Realtor, etc) -
it's a solution with specific structure and special
settings. Like when I build the example solution it
actually goes through some bat files. I expected to choose
from some menu "Create New Project / NS Application" and
it will create for me the new blank solution so I can
proceed to filling up the ADF file.

My feeling is that all that(writing ADF, config and Bat
files) is manual work in the Notepad.

are so many
>interelated components. But once you get your mind around
it, it starts
>to click and you can appreciate the design.
>I think you'll benefit from going through the Stocks
walkthrough example
>in BOL. It takes you through the process of creating a
sample app. There
>are some other samples that are installed along with
SQLNS.  (There are
>other sources of info too. Shyam Pather's book is
>As you begin learning, keep in mind that SQLNS is not
like creating a
>Reporting Services project in Visual Studio. To create an
>you create the ADF and instance filess using your
favorite XML editor
>(notepad, VS.NET, XMLSpy, whatever). The XML files you
create "are" the
>source for creating an instance and application.
NSControl essentially
>"compiles" them and creates a couple of databases, a
windows service, etc.