Re: External DB Call to Notify function failing

Subject: Re: External DB Call to Notify function failing
From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:19:15 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Mark,

I meant to ask: Have you run profiler to see what's going on there?

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS

I have a ScheduledRule in my ADF call an SP in another database. This
SP in turn calls the Notify function in my NS database.  The call is
generating a 60018 error, which indicates that the "Generator context"
is not valid for the Notify call.

The ADF Rule is s just a single exec to the external proc.  From what
I understand this is a valid design.  Is there anything else I need to
do to allow the external SP call to the Notify function to succeed?