Re: SQL-NS and the BLOB data type

Subject: Re: SQL-NS and the BLOB data type
From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:04:02 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Thanks for the clarification. But, yes the same answer still applies.

The XSD schema will not allow the TEXT or IMAGE type datatypes for the event definition.
Besides that would be quite a bit of information to carry around through
the SQLNS processing (event table -> notification table -> distribution
I think a better performing solution would be carry an Id around and
then join to the blob in the final stages of distribution.

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS

RDV wrote:
Just to be clear.

I don't plan on using the variables of blob data type to do the
matching between the event and subscription data.  I just want to have
the blob data available to me at content formatting time.  It would be
best if I didn't have to have a separate table that contained the blob
data.  I would like to keep it in the event table.

Is the answer still the same?