Re: External DB Call to Notify function failing

Subject: Re: External DB Call to Notify function failing
From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:17:56 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Mark,

I don't know off hand. One thought would be the cross database permissions.

I also wonder if it's because the event and subscription views that are dynamically created (and later cleaned up) during the generator quantum are not accessible when called by the external sproc - the one that's calling the Notify() function.
I'll see if I can set this up to test.

BTW, I've got to ask...why are you implementing it this way?

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS

I have a ScheduledRule in my ADF call an SP in another database. This
SP in turn calls the Notify function in my NS database.  The call is
generating a 60018 error, which indicates that the "Generator context"
is not valid for the Notify call.

The ADF Rule is s just a single exec to the external proc.  From what
I understand this is a valid design.  Is there anything else I need to
do to allow the external SP call to the Notify function to succeed?