microsoft.public.siteserver.analysis

Internet - Intranet Data Dilema

Subject: Internet - Intranet Data Dilema
From: "asdf"
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:07:53 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.siteserver.analysis
Hi,

Currently, I have one database for Intranet clients on the server behind the
firewall. But I was asked to allow the extranet users to access the same
data. From the security perspective what is the best way to make that data
accessible.

Should we have two databases one for Intranet and one for Extranet? In that
case the second one would be a replica but that would cost us money for the
extra MS SQL license. Maybe it is OK to have only one physical database.
Maybe MySQL is a good idea to use as a replica that would be refreshed
nightly. Or XML data would be OK to server only extranet.

What would be the best idea to do.

We are all MS shop.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Tom