microsoft.public.mshardware.product

Re: How to fix Uncorrectable CRC or ECC error on read?

Subject: Re: How to fix Uncorrectable CRC or ECC error on read?
From: "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:37:19 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mshardware.product
You have all this data on your hard drive and haven't ever backed it up???

You might want to try the Hitachi utilities, but I certainly would never
trust that drive again and would replace it as soon as possible

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Storage/Q_21001037.html
(scroll down to the bottom to get the responses)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging