microsoft.public.greatplains

Re: Smarlist Export Not Working

Subject: Re: Smarlist Export Not Working
From: "Patrick [MSFT]"
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:44:44 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
This is incorrect.  Dexterity is automating Excel via COM.  You wouldn't see
anything in the event log unless Excel is putting it there which probably
isn't happening.

patrick
dev support

<jhummer26@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Excel talks though the application thru .net.    Since you have
replaced botht the GP application and Excel this is where I would
look.   .net can be updated thru the Windows update or another
program.   Normally you would see an error in the Event Logs.

I would consider to look at your Windows updates and roll them back to
where the system was working or even uninstall .net to see if that
makes a difference.

Jim