microsoft.public.greatplains

Re: What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms

Subject: Re: What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
From: "Mickie Stamm"
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:02:36 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

Hi Mandeep,

The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that you set the AutoOpen property of the window to False so it doesn't opened when you open your form.

Chapter 21 in the Dexterity Integration Guide does a good job of covering Command forms.

- Mickie

--
Mickie Stamm
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports

"Mandeep" <Mandeep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4A0336AB-8C56-43CF-B26A-E63A440EA17B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the
Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window

Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it.

Any comments appreciated!!!