ftp worthless for distro mirrors in 4.7.1 on FC13

Subject: ftp worthless for distro mirrors in 4.7.1 on FC13
From: Felix Miata
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 19:34:29 -0400
4.7.1 pings cpu every time I touch function a key once I've migrated into a
dir containing many rpms, e.g.
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/development/13/i386/os/Packages/, and takes
a seeming eternity to return ready for another action. Seems it's calling
unnecessary stats and then processing stat at 0.01% efficiency. I don't
remember 4.6.2 having this problem to such an extreme.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/