Re: Control-H on [was Colors on MC are *really* a mess]

Subject: Re: Control-H on [was Colors on MC are *really* a mess]
From: Tim Johnson
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:08:09 -0800
* Yury V. Zaytsev <[email protected]> [100318 01:57]:
> On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 13:28 -0800, Tim Johnson wrote:
> > * Yury V. Zaytsev <[email protected]> [100317 01:37]:

> > > Fixed in ?
> >   Nope. Sorry. Not on my box.
> >   Is: slackware 13.0 32-bit
> OK, then it was the ctrl+\ crasher. What's your terminal and TERM? Do
> you mean ctrl+h in mcedit? Works for me in Konsole.
  TERM=xterm, I use konsole, but same problem on the XFCE terminal
  Specifically, control-h doesn't work for any input. Command-line,
  search, etc. No cursor movement, no backward delte.

  I use the external editor/view (vim). Control-h works as expected on all
  konsole, terminal, readline. Maps to backward-delete in emacs.

  Have attempted to explicitly map control-h in mc.keymap. No luck
  there, but just for grins I was able to map alt-h successfully.

  ## example:
  InputBackwardDelete = ctrl-h; alt-h; backspace
  ## backspace works to delete, alt-h works to delete, but not
  ## control-h

> Sincerely yours,

[email protected]
Mc mailing list