replace mcedit with emacsclient without chaning $EDITOR

Subject: replace mcedit with emacsclient without chaning $EDITOR
From: Haines Brown KB1GRM ET1
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:10:17 -0500
With advancing age, keeping competitive keybindings straight is more
of a challenge, and so I'd like to replace mcedit (as much as I like
it) with emacsclient (which exsts on my machine).

The way to do this typically seems to change the value of the variable
$EDITOR, but I don't want to do that system-wide, but only for mc, so
that F4 brings up emacsclient to edit files, and nano is the default
editor system-wide.

How would I manage to do that? Unable to find help.

Haines Brown