Missing text attributes in MC 4.7.x

Subject: Missing text attributes in MC 4.7.x
From: Jochen Roderburg
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:08:36 +0100
Hello,

I use MC under Linux with NCurses on monochrome terminals (standard xterm under Linux or Teraterm under MS Windows). The new 4.7.x series is now pretty unusable in this environment, because all text attributes (bold, inverse) do not show up.
I have put 2 screenshots from version 4.6.2 and 4.7.0.2 on my personal
webspace for illustration:
http://www.uni-koeln.de/~a0045/mc462.png
http://www.uni-koeln.de/~a0045/mc4702.png
I could live with the fact that the buttons, menus and dialogs come
without attributes, but the file lists cannot be used in this form:
you cannot see the current file and/or any marked files.
I see two items in the latest change file, which could have something
to do with this issue, but obviously they did not really change my
observed problems:
  * Broken transparency if MC is built with NCurses (#1657)
  * Selections not visible on monochrome terminals (#1972)

Best regards,

Jochen Roderburg
RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                    Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                          E-Mail: [email protected]
Germany