Re: won't save hotlist

Subject: Re: won't save hotlist
From: Keith Roberts
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:43:06 +0000 GMT
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, MK wrote:

To: [email protected]
From: MK <[email protected]>

I just noticed that the 4.7.0-pre4 I built about a month ago, on a less used
install, does not save the hotlist.  You can make changes and they stay in
memory, but ~/.mc/hotlist is not updated; I'm having to edit it manually.
Check permissions on ls -alsR ~/.mc ?
Nope.  It does save the ini file there as appropriate.  Also, I run root.  In
any case, I chmod'd the hotlist and the directory to 777 but no luck.

One thing I find a little strange here is that it appears to keep a copy of the
hotlist in memory, since it will add an entry, and the entry stays there until
you exit.  But it is not written into the hotlist file.  Here's something else
wierd about that: if I manually edit the hotlist file, the change is
immediately reflected in mc AND any new entry added via mc is gone.  I presume
it checks the mtime or something and decides whether to reload or use the copy
maintained in memory.

--
MK <[email protected]>
I noticed that when editing the hotlist by hand on Fedora

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.php-debuggers.net

Look on the bright side - For each and every negative
thought, there is an equal and opposite positive thought.

TMDA [http://tmda.net]

Where will you spend Eternity?
http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/tract_pdf/english/130.pdf