Re: mc in ubuntu 9.10

Subject: Re: mc in ubuntu 9.10
From: Rick Lapp
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 14:29:08 -0500
Had same problem here with several Ubuntu 9.10 installs. Creating the mc directory allows it work fine.
Felix Miata wrote:
On 2009/12/04 13:58 (GMT-0500) MK composed:

I installed ubuntu 9.10 yesturday and noticed that their ready-made mc does not/cannot
make use of ~/.mc.  Everytime it loads you get "cannot open ~/.mc/hotlist",
etc.  Adding a ~/.mc had no effect -- it didn't process the ini, etc.
Known bug of bad permissions created by *buntu 9.10, details of which I don't
know but surely are in the bug tracker somewhere. Create ~/.mc directory
manually with appropriate permissions and then mc will work as expected.