Sync file on write?

Subject: Sync file on write?
From: Paul Hartman
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:26:51 -0600

I have a USB device and write speed is terrible when I copy more than
1 file to it (it is mounted in async mode). If I copy just one file
and sync, speed is 17MB/sec, if I copy more than 1 file the speed
drops well below 2MB/sec. This does not happen on MS Windows so I
think it's some side-effect of linux i/o flushing creating multiple
write-streams or something like this.

Anyway, I'm trying to work-around this and wonder if there is a way I
can tell MC to sync/fsync (whatever means ensure file is written to
disk physically) after each file? If it would apply only to writes
into this device that would be even better :)

Mc mailing list