4.7.0.1 panels.ini problem

Subject: 4.7.0.1 panels.ini problem
From: Paul Marwick
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 23:12:51 +0000
I've built 4.7.0.1 for Zenwalk, Vector Linux and Salix-64. In each case, I've hit an odd problem with data saved in ~/.mc/panels.ini
If a panels.ini exists, MC is using it, and reading stored paths from
it. If the panels.ini is removed, or its a fresh installation, a 1-byte
panels.ini is created. From that point on, whether 'autosave changes' is
enabled or not, every time MC is started, both panes display the startup
directory.
I've got round the problem on my own machines by copying and
hand-modifying a panels.ini from another installation, but it would be
nice not to have to do that.
paul.