Re: How to change the defaults for file highlighting?

Subject: Re: How to change the defaults for file highlighting?
From: Andrew Borodin
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:33:43 +0300
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:04:29 -0600 (CST) Theodore Kilgore wrote:
> one feature which from my perspective is both useless and irritating,
> especially since I became used to the opposite behavior for the
> previous ten years of constant desktop use of MC.

It's controversial issue. Something is useless for you, but that is
useful for me. Previous ten years I used 2-step way to select all stuff
in a directory: 1st step to select files and 2nd step to select
directories. Now I can do that by one action.

> If there is such an option, I have not succeeded in finding it.

Since 11/18/2009 all options of "Select/Unselect group" dialog are
saved in 'select_flags' ini option (see
http://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/1776).

--
Andrew