How to change the defaults for file highlighting?

Subject: How to change the defaults for file highlighting?
From: Theodore Kilgore
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:04:29 -0600 CST
Until very recently in the history of MC, file highlighting with
Keypad-Plus highlighted only files. Now this behavior has been changed. A
dialog box comes up which has a couple of useful features and one feature
which from my perspective is both useless and irritating, especially
since I became used to the opposite behavior for the previous ten years
of constant desktop use of MC. This one
 [ ] Files only

Since it has been decided that a dialog for this "feature" has to be there, is there any configuration option by which one can change the default choice to be
 [x] Files only

instead of

 [ ] Files only

?

If there is such an option, I have not succeeded in finding it.

Theodore Kilgore