Re: mc 4.7.0pre3 support for .tlz archives

Subject: Re: mc 4.7.0pre3 support for .tlz archives
From: Theodore Kilgore
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:16:57 -0500 CDT

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Paul Marwick wrote:

After a bit of a hunt, I found this in /etc/mc/mc.ext

# .tar.lzma, .tlz
regex/\.t(ar\.lzma|lz)$
       Open=%cd %p#utar
       View=%view{ascii} lzma -dc %f 2>/dev/null | tar tvvf -

:) I'm not exactly expert on mc regex, but I can't see what the problem is. I also tried renaming a .tlz to .tar.lzma. After doing this, no problem opening it, and no problems with mc not recognizing it as a compressed tar file.
Can anyone see what the problem is? Anyone reproduce the problem?

:) Even better, any suggestions as to a fix that works?

paul.
This is a slightly different question, but along the same lines.

Does anyone happen to know if similar procedures will open a Slackware .txz file or not?
Sorry, this is on my list of things to look into, but I am also rather
busy trying to hold my end up over here and I simply have not had time to
do much in that direction.
Theodore Kilgore