Re: Ctrl-T for the encoding selection?

Subject: Re: Ctrl-T for the encoding selection?
From: Andrey Smirnov
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 19:23:58 +0400
Hello!

2009/8/5 Jesús Guerrero <[email protected]>:
>> I just compiled and ran the new mc-4.7.0-pre1 and for few seconds was
>> a little freaked out when Ctrl-T didn't tag. I know you can use Insert to
>> tag files, but the Insert key on my laptop keyboard is, well,
>> inconvenient. Maybe you could use Ctrl-Shift-T as the encoding selector?

> I would vote for this as well, however, if c-t is going to stay
> this new way I am not going to commit suicide either. I'll just
> re-educate myself and that's about it.

Generally what we need is the ability to map any key or key
combination to the needed function (and presets like 'Traditional MC'
or 'Rich keys MC'). And I know this feature is already planned and is
discussed in Trac.

Keyboard keys that are accessible via most of vt***-style terminals is
very limited set. So there will be always conflicts between western
people using limited/legacy keyboards but only one charset and eastern
people which use several charsets.

--
Sincerly yours, Andrey.