Thoughts on 4.6.2

Subject: Thoughts on 4.6.2
From: Reynir Stefansson
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 13:42:50 +0000
Well, I finally got to borrow some bandwidth to grab the 4.6.2 source - just in time for the new beta announcement.
This grump's first impressions:

1. I still gotta gotta give cons.saver to the tty group and setgid it by hand. 2. The internal editor still does funny things when you concatenate two long lines by deleting backwards past the top of the screen. The new combined line is stored correctly in memory, but only the latter half is used to draw the whole line. 3. The internal editor does another funny thing when you leave the cursor in the middle of a line, exit the document, re-enter it and do an F7 search for a word that appears in the line but ahead of the cursor. In this case, the search begins, not at the cursor position, but at the beginning of the line.
And, no, I have no idea whatsoever if the editor does this only on my
system or if it happens to others.
Reynir H. Stefánsson ([email protected])
I'll defend to the death your right to say that, but I never said I'd
listen to it! (Tom Galloway, with apologies to Voltaire)

Mc mailing list