Latest Mc and Rxvt

Subject: Latest Mc and Rxvt
From: "A. Zimmer"
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:39:19 -0400
Hello,

I have a problem with the latest release of mc on my Linux Gentoo
system.

With the release of 2.7.0_pre1, mc no longer works with rxvt as
an X Window terminal.  The problem, I suspect, is the native Unicode
mode of 2.7.0_pre1.  In rxvt, the panel layout cannot be constructed
with the Unicode characters.  (Xterm, if compiled with Unicode support,
does not have this trouble.)

With previous versions of mc, up to 2.6.2, Unicode could be disabled
at compile time and then rxvt could construct the panel layout boxes.

Is there some way to get mc to work correctly with rxvt again, or do
I need to stay with earlier versions?

A Zimmer