Re: Customizing the MC editor

Subject: Re: Customizing the MC editor
From: Keith Roberts
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:41:50 +0100 BST
This has beem implemeted for mc on Fedora 10. Not sure which version of mc, as I'm on another machine ATM :)
Trailing white space is shown as blue period character.

Also tabs are displayed something like <--> in a blue color.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

TMDA [http://tmda.net]

To: [email protected]
From: Dan Dascalescu <[email protected]>

I read about an option to display trailing whitespace on the trac ticket
list.
I would strongly support that option because I've caused numerous
false diff positives while editing with MC and either adding tabs
instead of spaces when it auto-indents, or otherwise removing
whitespace.

It could be implemented by displaying some Unicode dot characters
instead of 0x09 and 0x20.

Dan