Re: cooledit: write block to File ?

Subject: Re: cooledit: write block to File ?
From: Frank Dietrich
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:15:48 +0200
Hi Chris,

chris glur <[email protected]> wrote:
>But I'm getting stupid:    to extract a block
>and write it to a file, I've been juggling with
>'head' & 'tail' [I can't see how to get bash
>to calculate ( $3 - $2 ) for the piece which I
>need to save - instead of having to do the
>subtraction manually].
>
>Then it occured to me that simplest of editors
>can mark-a-block and save it !

Don't hesitate, ask here, before you start blaming. ;-)

Your feature is already build in.

- open your file you want to copy from in edit mode
- mark the block you want to save in a separate file
- press CTRL-F to specify the directory and filename for your file and
confirm it

And that's it.

regards
Frank
--
# to resolve all your problems, try this
HOWTO='$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'