Re: mc efficiency

Subject: Re: mc efficiency
From: Keith Roberts
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:04:05 +0000 GMT

To: [email protected]
From: zhang zhengquan <[email protected]>
Subject: mc efficiency

Dear mc users:
I have been using icewm with file manager rox-filer for years and now
I find rox-filer not a very efficient.

Efficiencywise, could you please compare a competent mc user and a GUI
file manager user?

I am considering to a console based commander in hope of increasing my
efficienty in managing my files.

Thanks and Regards,
Zhang
The nice thing about mc is that it has a consistent look,
whether you use it in CLI text mode without a desktop
running, or use it in a shell running X and a desktop :)
Running under Fedora, I do need to change the default
font, to get the proper colors for files and directories.
Otherwise directories look the same as normal files, and
highlighted items look a rusty red color.
I do this with:

[root]# setfont lat1-16

And then to make the change permanent fire up mc and edit /etc/sysconfig/i18n file to the following value:
SYSFONT="lat1-16"

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: