Re: Problems in the virtual terminal on an Asus eeePC

Subject: Re: Problems in the virtual terminal on an Asus eeePC
From: Russell Shaw
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:38:24 +1100
kilgot[email protected] wrote:

The fix for the funny characters in X does not work here. I had this problem in the xterm. So I created an .Xdefaults file with the contents
XTerm*metaSendsEscape:  true

This cures the problem on my big computer, and recently there has been a thread about this topic here, too. But that .Xdefaults file has absolutely no effect on the same problem on the eeePC, alas.
Try .Xresources instead. Do xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources, then open a new
xterm after each change to see if it works.