Re: dar support in MC later than 4.6.1?

Subject: Re: dar support in MC later than 4.6.1?
From: paul marwick
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:24:36 +0100
Hi Guus

G Jansman wrote:

Looks like Midnight Commander does not accept the time information anymore.

The easiest way to fix this (quick and dirty):
Add the following line to your udar file just after the line "name=substr(line, ...)" (likely to be found in /usr/share/mc/extfs):

This way no time information is displayed (0:00 is assumed). A better solution is probably possible though.
:) A better solution may be possible, but this one works just fine for
the moment, anyway.
Many thanks. I've now got a working build of mc-4.6.2-pre1 with both Dar
and LZMA support. Great...
Seems a little strange that Midnight Commander doesn't accept the time
information. I wonder why the change was made.
Regards, Paul.
Mc mailing list