Never Ending Stoooryyy...

Subject: Never Ending Stoooryyy...
From: Reynir Stefansson
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 22:00:09 +0000
Here continues a man's story of how mc conspires with other parts of his
Linux system to drive him greyhaired or hairless before his age would.

First, I found where the 'missing' message from svgalib went to: The
spare tty it needs to put an image on a text mode console.

Second, I found yet another oddity. I had two logins as usual, on ssh
and on the console. Both had mc running with one pane set to the same
empty 'temporary' directory. On the ssh login I copied an image to this
directory, then started zgv on the console. I then copied another image
to the directory and exited zgv. The mc instance on the console showed
only the first file.

I repeated this using zgv-sdl. Both images appeared in the pane the
moment I exited the viewer. Okaaay... looks like zgv and svgalib
together are a few cents shy of a dollar. For now I'll use only zgv-sdl
and see what happens.

--More--

Reynir H. Stefánsson ([email protected])
--
There *is* progress in aviation! Now the flight attendant can
get the pilot pregnant!