restarting in X Terminal

Subject: restarting in X Terminal
From: MK
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 09:52:55 -0500
I use mc in Terminal 0.2.6 under xorg ("Terminal -e mc"), but i know
this problem applies, eg. in xterms et. al.

If i quit out of X with mc on once, EVERY subsequent instance starts at
console size within the (much larger) terminal window, forcing me to
open a tab, start mc (which now starts proper size), and then close the
other tab. The (more) irritating part is that now the panel directory
does not count as the fresh tab directory...and this behavior does not
reset until i reboot, even if mc is cleanly exited a number of times.