mc and firefox

Subject: mc and firefox
From: Dominique Michel
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:29:37 +0200
Hi list,

I am very happy with mc as filemanager, but I have a problem when lauching some
of my local html files. When the filename or the path contain a space, I
just get an error message from firefox, and the URL it is traying to load is
stopping at the first space.

In ~/.gnome/gnome-moz-remote, I try both false and true for NREMOTE, but
without success.

Also in MC, I try a few things in the file extension edit menu but without
success either, so I switched back to the original configuration.

Among other things, I try to simply use "firefox %f" but it failed with the
same error. That is very strange, because if I choose a picture file within the
same directory with a space in its name and put "comix %f", mc launch comix and
comix open the file.

Is it something I can do?

Dominique Michel

Mes 3 projets prÃfÃrÃs auxquels je contribue:
 * FVWM-Crystal, le bureau basà sur FVWM:
 * AlsaPlayer, le lecteur audio avec contrÃle de vitesse en continu:
 * L'overlay pour la MAO sous gentoo:
Mc mailing list